TODAY ONLY! Our sale jewelry is 3 pairs for $20 and 1 pair for $10!!! There is so much more jewelry than shown in this photo, so stop on by and get these plugs for a sweet deal!! Plugs galore! Also, mention THIS POST for 20% off any full-priced jewelry!! #deals #deeproots #deeprootstattoo #seattle #blackfriday #seattletattoo #plugs #plug #plugsale #jewelrysale #cheapplugs #stretchedlobes #stretchedears #bme #bodymod #piercing #piercings #awesome #cool #loveit #instagood #picoftheday #pretty
@johnleroux is wanting to do this radical tattoo for the amazing price of $350! It will be up for grabs until someone drops a deposit to hold it, so come on in? #deeproots #deeprootstattoo #seattle #seattletattoo #tattoo #tattoos #rose #flowers #snake #pretty #awesome #loveit #instagood #bodymod #beautiful #picoftheday
Why buy body jewelry from a piercing studio?
- I wrote this originally a few years ago now, but I thought it was worth posting again:
- These days, body jewelry is available literally EVERYWHERE. You can even buy it in a gas station. I'm sure most people have heard that there are large differences in quality, as far as material, design, and construction. While I personally don't like the idea of people spending the time and money to get a piercing, then wearing junky, poor fitting, or even dangerous jewelry in it, I do understand that it is YOUR RIGHT to wear whatever jewelry you want, even if it can cause serious consequences.
- I have a different idea to present to you about body jewelry. This one is regarding economics. Piercing studios are not an endlessly profitable business. They are not like some, where they can grow almost indefinitely. A piercing studio will always be limited by the fact that people will only get so many piercings, and only so many people can actually have piercings, because of work or school. Part of what keeps a studio going, is being able to sell jewelry. Obviously, there is the added bonus that your piercer has the knowledge to help you select jewelry that will be the best for your piercing- they are also generally the only place that will specialize in body jewelry. This means, more variety. While the store in the mall have the lip ring you want in only one size, a piercing studio will typical have, or be able to order, hundreds of size and color combinations for you. This way you can actually get what you want, instead of settling for what is there. That is all in addition to the ever present issue of quality.
- It's really pretty simple: If people don't support their local piercing studio, there is no way they can stay in business. So while you may run in to see your piercer for jewelry changes, advice, help stretching, and number of other services, (Some they don't even charge for!), that professional can only be there to help you if they have a studio to work in. Everyday, more and more retail stores and websites begin selling bargain basement body jewelry. Everyday, one less person buys their jewelry from the local piercing studio. What I'm getting at, is that if you value the service your local piercer provides to you, buy jewelry at their shop. It seems like such a little thing, to pick up some cheap jewelry at the mall, but trust me, it adds up. Smaller, independently owned businesses cannot stay open if you refuse to support them. So the next time you are bargain hunting on the internet, please remember, if your piercer is good to you, the best thing you can do to repay them is buy jewelry at their studio.
- Thank you for reading. SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL PIERCING STUDIO !!!
Q:Could you do a post on shop etiquette? I think I've got all my bases covered, but a friend tagged along with me once and she was taking pictures of the jewelry (I know she didn't mean any harm by it) and I'm pretty sure you guys don't like that.
I personally don’t care if people take photos of the studio and/or my jewelry. My biggest things as far as shop etiquette is STOP TOUCHING YOUR DAMN PIERCINGS! Haha seriously. Every. Single. Time. Somebody comes in and has a question about their piercing or wants new jewelry for their piercing, they HAVE to touch it the whole time they’re talking about it. My “Please do not touch your piercings” sign right on top of the case right in front of them might as well not be there. Also, when buying new plugs, contrary to popular belief, you actually DON’T have to take your current plugs out and put them on my counter lol.
Lol aside from that(which literally every single piercer can relate to), just be polite and be receptive to the information being given to you. I try my best to educate anybody and everybody that walks in the door. I’m not giving you a sales pitch, I promise. I stand by everything I say.
Also, don’t be “that guy” in the studio. When your friend is getting pierced, you don’t need to be like “Ohhhh look at that needle, it’s so big. It’s going to hurt sooooo bad!” Because in every piercer’s head we’re telling you to stfu lol. We try our best to calm our customers down because we understand it can be nerve wracking to get a new piercing. They don’t need added stress from their so called friends.
Ummm, aside from all that? Bring your ID with you, be enthusiastic about getting a QUALITY piercing, if you enjoyed your experience, tipping is very much appreciated and be sure to tell all your friends and get them all to get pierced at the studio!
Before I hit publish, I totally remembered that there is a little section about studio etiquette in the APP’s Picking Your Piercer brochure so I’ll just copy and paste that really quickly too for you.
At the counter: Don’t handle your piercings (even if they are healed) as you may spread bacteria to the studio’s common areas thereby endangering both staff and fellow patrons.
Bring worn jewelry in a baggie or other sealed container.
Never place worn jewelry on the counter or display.
In the restroom: Don’t handle your piercings (see above).
It is never appropriate to change your jewelry in the restroom or other locations in the studio.
If you want your jewelry changed at the studio, it should be done by one of the piercers, in the piercing room.
In the piercing room: Allow your piercer to direct you to an area where personal belongings may be placed BEFORE setting anything down.
Camera flashes can be very distracting during the performance of a piercing.
Check with your piercer before taking pictures.
Turn off your cell phone.”
Don’t have stretched ears? Trying to think of holiday presents for loved ones? We’ve got you covered! We have a massive selection of small-gauge earrings to fit regular lobe piercings! We have rose gold, yellow gold, genuine silver, brass- and more! That $100 gift certificate could help out with holiday shopping 👌 Submissions end THIS SUNDAY! Take a photo showing us your fav thing about us and use #deeprootscontest ❗️REMEMBER! Make sure your profile is public; it seems that currently about 9 submissions are private- so they don’t count! Finalists will be chosen Monday!
Ain’t no party like a #deeproots party! Last night was a blast, and we hope you’re enjoying this wonderful time of year. Here’s a photo from last night’s suspension! Chris is a badass. #deeprootstattoo #tattoo #tattoos #tattooshop #halloween #party #suspension #suspensions #bme #bodymod #piercing #hooks #captainhook #piercings #awesome #cool #loveit
Check out these GORGEOUS prong-set geode plugs! That $100 Gift certificate would come in handy for those bad boys 😉 Keep those submissions coming! Take a photo of your favorite tattoo/piercing/jewelry you’ve received from us and use the hashtag #deeprootscontest to enter for your chance to win! Submissions are ending this coming Sunday, so don’t wait! Also, PLEASE NOTE!! If your settings are PRIVATE, your entry will not count because we can’t see it❗️Make sure your account is PUBLIC so your entry counts! I’ve noticed that some submissions are set to private already, and we want to make sure you have a chance!
Photo contest for a chance to win $100 DEEP ROOTS TATTOO AND BODY PIERCING GIFT CERTIFICATE!!! Share with us a photo of your favorite tattoo, piercing, or jewelry you received from us and use the hashtag #deeprootscontest to enter in the competition! The tattoo, piercing, and/or jewelry had to be from Deep Roots- nothing from an outside shop! It will not count as an entry!! Submissions are closed this coming Sunday, November 3rd and 10 finalists will be randomly selected on Monday. The competition will then move to our Deep Roots Facebook page where they will be voted on by “liking” them. Voters must like the Facebook page in order for their vote to be valid. The link to the page will be posted when voting begins. The voting stage will last 1 week, and the winner will be announced on November 11th! Good luck everyone and we’re excited to see all of your submissions!!!